December 16, 2009

Modern Drummer...

Today, I got an interesting e-mail. It began like this... 'Hey dude, saw your blog on Modern Drummer...'

And then I was all like 'what?'... and he was all like 'yup'... and I was like 'pump the breaks cawse I am losin' it ya'll'... and then I remembered, that in point of fact, I had written a blog for Modern Drummer last month! Which was nice and reassuring.

In any event you should definitely check it out

Hahaha. Inverted Para-Diddles and triplet ruffs... look at me tryin' sound all nerdy and stuff. What was I thinking!?!

Thank you very much to everyone over at Modern Drummer for giving me the opportunity to participate in their blog series. It is really humbling to be included as a peer on a website that features all of my heroes...

--
YB

p.s. - it is 3:50AM on a Wednesday morning... this is what insomnia kind of/sort of looks like... its just that my pillow always feels like it is crushing my face... which I guess means that my head is too heavy... maybe?

10 comments:

  1. i know how you feel about this "face crushing". my favorite is when my face squishes down into my neck pillow... yes, i know its made to wrap around my neck, but things happen. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha about the face crushing... I know it isn't funny that you couldn't sleep, but just how you put it is funny. Anyways, I hope you ended up getting some sleep! Counting sheep always puts me to sleep cuz it's so boring. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex,
    The blog looks good man. Anyways, I've lost touch with you and would really love to hear about all your goings on. If you have a couple minutes, send me a message on twitter if you want (boltbill) and I'll give you my contact info. Sorry if I look like a psycho stalker posting a comment here. Peace,
    Bolt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahahhaha "look at me trying to sound all nerdy" best line of this blog post. I love it. AHAHAH (: Great blog, can't wait for moree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. insomnia..interesting, maybe because of all the excess energy u have after drumming :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I am glad I am not the only person who blogs at 3 in the morning. But really, you crack me up! I don't know why. But you do. Thank you, I needed the laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry about the "heavy head" issue. When I was a baby, I had to get a CAT scan because the doctor thought my head was too big. yeah, we have it on the home videos, but it's really boring..oh, and while it may seem at times that something is up with me, there turned out to be nothing wrong. ..but I guess that WAS a while ago..

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL ! i love you so ! xD
    come back to montreal soon ! :)
    And oh... go see my blog I wrote something for you (for honor society xD lol)

    http://thebest51.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha Alex that's so cool you got to be in Modern Drummer!

    oo insomnia that's not good, but i know what you're saying about the pillow feeling like it's crushing your face, those nights are the worsttttt

    ReplyDelete